Hmm, honestly, this is quite surprising, since afaik in JNI you only
need to check for Java type exceptions if the methods return anything
but a successful condition (that is, in JNI calls obviously), with the
specification requiring that exceptions should be deferred and
explicitly handled in code. Adding a native (C++ specific in this
case) exception to the library would hardly be correct, and in fact
I'm sure it's not:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jni/spec/design.html

"""
With C++, the extra level of indirection and the interface pointer
argument disappear from the source code. However, the underlying
mechanism is exactly the same as with C. In C++, JNI functions are
defined as inline member functions that expand to their C
counterparts.
"""

This means the C and C++ APIs are speficied to be the same, to behave
the same, etc... If it were allowed to throw a native exception in C++
you would end up with two different APIs, which is hardly acceptable.

In my opinion this is a bug in this specific vendor platform, not in
JavaFX (or in OpenJDK), and we should not care about that.

Cheers,
Mario

--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/