Hello,

Lately I have faced a strange behavior while I was using JavaFX Embedded and touch screen. As far as I understand there is no spec where I can find this information, that is why I decided to ask the community. I have developed a simple application with one text field and a button. I run it using JavaFX Embedded runtime with LCD+touch monitor connected to an abstract board. As a result I can see touch mode in the application, the virtual keyboard and other touch features. However if I plug out the touch part, connect mouse, at the runtime, the application does not change its appearance and behavior, the vk is still available with all touch features. So only restart of the application disables touch mode. I know that there is Platform.isSupported method to detect different states, and touch is one of them. So I have checked, that, when I during the runtime plug in/out touch and press the button to check Platform.isSupported value, I can see it changes every time I plug in/out the touch screen. I assume it happens, because every time I call Platform.isSupported the real check is being performed and because of that its value changes. But once again, there is no spec to check it.
I have a proposal:

 * what if there will be some kind of listener to handle state changes
 * add this listener to the controls where they ask
   Platform.isSupported to make controls change their appearance and
   behavior
 * disable caching of the state in the platform(lens, quantum)
 * create specification where the realization will be described

--

Best regards,
Stas Smirnov

Stas Smirnov | Java Embedded
Phone: +7 812 3346130 | Mobile: +7 921 9262241
Oracle Development SPB, LLC
10th Krasnoarmeyskaya 22A, St. Petersburg, 190103, Russia