On 2014-04-24 4:29 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi,

I try to follow the guide at
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Using+an+IDE to setup my
Eclipse workspace but the description how to preconfigure the JDK is a
ambiguous.

The ambiguous information is the "cd <PATH TO JFX>" which could me (I
take my OS-X install as the reference)

This is the path where you checked out OpenJFX. It is important that you get jfxrt.jar out of the ext directory. I believe it is no longer necessary to move it to a standard place. This is a hold over from when parts of JFX were not open source and you could not build everything. In that case, you needed a binary stub. Of course, it doesn't hurt for everyone to move jfxrt.jar to a well known standard place in case you need it again.
* cd
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_05.jdk_nofx/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext
* cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_05.jdk_nofx/Contents/Home/

BTW for Eclipse there's no an easier way to get Java8 support you can
grab a prebuilt distro from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-java8.php

Fixed.

Tom