My build woes continued a bit...
I tweaked build.gradle such that the buildnum.min was 5.
Then the build failed trying to build :fxpackager:compileLauncher

>Coud not call NativeCompileTask.compile() on task ':fxpackager:compileLauncher'

I belive this is native code?  The wiki says that native code doesnt'
normally build unless you use -PBUILD_NATIVES=true
I imagine this is true for the FX runtime DLLs and was just overlooked
for the launcher.

The root cause seems to be that I am missing the OS X 10.7 SDK:

clang: warning: no such sysroot directory:
'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk'

But I do have later versions for 10.8 and 10.9.

Tweaking buildSrc/mac.gradle so MACOSX_MIN_VERSION is 10.8 allowed me
to finally complete a successful build! - I think I haven't tested
anything yet.. but at least gradle stopped complaining.

Cheers,

Scott