I don't see a down side to this other than people will have to subscribe to the new list get the notifications that they were seeing before (or could / should / can we see the new list?)

Steve

On 2014-06-24, 9:34 AM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
It has been suggested that we create a new alias for Mercurial (hg) commit notifications -- perhaps "openjfx-chan...@openjdk.java.net" -- rather than sending all of them to the discussion alias. This will facilitate e-mail filtering as well as allow people to opt in or out of getting these notifications separately from being on the discussion alias.

What do others think?