                    comboBox3.setValue(oldValue);
                    comboBox3.valueProperty().addListener(this);
                });
            };
        comboBox3.valueProperty().addListener(l);

This is not good code because it adds and removes a listener to avoid notification when the value is reset. It uses runLater() in order to stop the combo box from getting confused when the value is changed from within a changed listener.

Steve

On 2014-07-04, 3:09 PM, Kirill Kirichenko wrote:
JavaFX ComboBox has binding between TextEdit field and the ListView selection such that edit field gets updated when we change the selected item in the drop down list. Is there a way to break this binding - when we select an item in the list the editor field remains untouched. Where should I look at ?

Thanks.