I wonder if this is related to my rendering bug from last week, which also
resulted in unexpected horizontal lines (boundary lines actually) when
rendering on top of a background with an effect (assuming the textfield is
possibly rendering something on a background with an inner shadow effect).

        http://reportmill.com/examples/Renderbug/Renderbug.jpg
        https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-38315

Mine may have been more pronounced because of the animation.

jeff