Anyway, the algorithm used in KeyCharacterCombination looks odd to me.

What it does is it tries to find a key code capable of producing the
character and then compares it to the event's key code.

It would make more sense to me if it took the event, converted it to a
character it produced and then compare the characters.

This way your first attempt to capture both MINUS and SUBTRACT with a
single KeyCharacterCombination("-") would work, as well as capturing
all of Shift-EQUALS, PLUS, ADD with a single
KeyCharacterCombination("+").

Tomas