Hello everybody,

I am working on the technology representing the information in form
which adjusted to the perception of blind people. It is just as
an addition to usual screen readers.

For a long time there was a rather big problem, it is a web browsing. My
environment is implemented in Java but I was unable to get any web
browser features.Any web surfing activity was possible only if you are
using a fully functional browser, like Firefox, Chrome, etc.

>From time to time I looked for any browser implementations in Java but
everything what I got  never looked interesting. The picture totally
changed when I found javafx.scene.web. At a glance it looks like exactly
what I need!

The key feature which looks nice to me is a splitting a visualization and
a background engine. I need exactly the engine which manages DOM, can
execute JavaScript, sends all notifications and events, but don't take
care about graphical representation. The description for WebEngine class
says that it suits completely.

OK, but I would like to ensure that JavaFX itself suits as well. Meaning, may I
use WebEngine class without creating _*graphical*_ application? In other
words, what should the execution environment for WebEngine be?

There are two questions I would like to understand:

1. Should I create a full graphical application in JavaFX traditions to
be able to use WebEngine? My application uses a speech feedback as a
main way to bring information to users. If it is required that I should
have a complete graphical scene for using WebEngine it would be bad news
for me.

2. Do I understand correctly that JavaFX applications are able to be
launched just in Java Virtual Machine? Meaning, they do not need a
complete web browser, right? I found that javafx.scene.web using
webkit and it is OK. I am asking that the user shouldn't need opening a web
browser window and run JavaFX application in it, yes?

Help me please! If these questions would be OK I would be able to
significantly improve my environment!

Thank you in advance! :))

--
Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia.