Hi Tom,

this seems to be the case.

Node's rotate property only accepts x and y coordinates, but not
pivotX and pivotY for the rotation center. Interestingly
RotateTransition uses the rotate property (in
Transition#interpolate()) instead of a Rotate transformation.

If you want to specify pivot coordinates, you have to use the Rotate
transformation (or the Scale transformation). I transform Rotate and
Scale transformation with Timeline; it also provides a stop() method
which I needed for a geographical information system.

--Benjamin