Kevin Rushforth wrote:

A JBS account will be needed to directly report new bugs or comment on
existing bugs. Most application developers will file new JavaFX bugs at
bugs.java.com [3] just like other JDK bugs. The requirement to get a JBS
account [4] is to have a role of Author or higher in an OpenJDK Project
(e.g., jdk9 or openjfx).

In my humble opinion this sounds like a very, very bad idea. I could rant on, but Ryan Jaeb has described it well and I completely agree with him.

Undoubtly, if you go ahead with this, there will be a lot less bug reports. You are basically alienating the community.

And it's not just about bugs. If you have to be an author in order to comment, this kind of discourse: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-12643 will be a thing of the past.

Knut Arne Vedaa