In 8u60, we made 3D Node to use the same default blendMode property setting of Node; i.e. SRC_OVER:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/api/javafx/scene/Node.html#blendModeProperty

This default blend mode should address most of the transparency rendering requested in [1] and [2]. Our tentative plan is to add a proper blending equation support for 3D in 9.

- Chien