On 08/18/2015 03:23 PM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:

Currently the gradle openZip method makes it easy to create builds that
unpack into OpenJDK / Zulu JDK but this assumes a pre-Jigsaw (JRE) structure
and doesn't work with JDK9. Shall I submit a bug?

We are in the process of making major changes for Jigsaw, so anything we do for the "openZip" task will be a stop-gap until that work is complete. Go ahead and file the bug, though. If nothing else, it will serve as a reminder to test the build with OpenJDK + OpenJFX (without either of the closed bits).

As a general FYI broader than this use case, as I understand it, the modular JDK
image is intended to be opaque.
The tools that have learned over the years the disk layout - eg that there is jre/lib/rt.jar will need to unlearn that. So overlaying on some expected structure
is probably not the way to do things in JDK 9.
I think you will be expected to use tools to build a custom image as opposed
to installing over someone else's image.
I am not the authority on this, but if you want to ask any questions about use
cases, you should ask on jigsaw-dev.

-phil.