[taking awt-dev off of this thread]

The fix that was put into 8u72-b02 is that the packager will no longer include libjfxwebkit.dylib in the packaged app. Is this not working correctly?

-- Kevin

Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
I think openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net (cc) is correct place to ask this question.

On 16.11.15 23:10, Ondřej Kvasnovský wrote:
Hi,

We are facing to an issue with latest Java updates when we try to
release apps into Apple app store. I have described the issue here, with
all my findings:
http://ondrej-kvasnovsky.blogspot.com/2015/10/java-8-update-60-is-causing-apps-that.html

In short, the issue is that we are not able to release Java app into app
store since 1.8_60 because it uses private API (see the link above if
you want to know how to verify that).

I spoke about this issue with Martijn Verburg and he pointed me to these
two issues:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8138650 - fixed for 8u72
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8138652 - permanent fix for 9
(replace private libs with public ones)

I have downloaded that jdk1.8.0_72 b05 JDK and run (downloaded from
https://jdk8.java.net/download.html):
otool -L
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_72.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libjfxwebkit.dylib
| grep icu
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 51.1.0)
And it the issue is still there, Build b05 still references private API.

I could even try to build and app and try to publish it for code review
by Apple... but since there is this reference, I do not believe it is
going to be successful.

Since this issue https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8138650 is
considered to be fixed, but it seems it is not, could someone help with
that?

Best wishes,
Ondrej Kvasnovsky