For what it is worth, a little known but on-topic community about the use of
JavaFX in games can be found at java-gaming.org. Most of the members are
involved with LWJGL and Libgdx (including founding coders for each), but there
is an area for those interested in using JavaFX in games. I'd like to see more
participation there. I mention this a place to direct people who turn up here
that have issues they wish to discuss concerning JavaFX and game programming.

I'm a JavaFX novice and have just started lurking here. I have a bit of
expertise with sound but otherwise am probably not of a skill level where I can
contribute here, and will continue to lurk. I did post a modest tutorial at JGO
for beginning JavaFX game programming (for Java programmers) and it has had
over 50K hits in just a couple months. On the basis of that, it seems the
potential audience and community for JavaFX game programming has not been
realized.

Phil Freihofner
adonax.com