Hi Richard,

I would like to publicly thank you for your outstanding leadership of the OpenJFX Project over the years! I know that your heart is still with JavaFX even if it can no longer occupy more than a small percentage of your time to follow the mailing list. Your insights will always be welcome when you have occasion to share them with us.

-- Kevin

Richard Bair wrote:
Hi,

As you know, I’ve been on the periphery of this project for the last several
years, my full time employment taking me into a different path from client
toolkits. The time has come to pass the torch, and part of that is to send my
official resignation so that another may take it up. Truly, the time I spent
working on JavaFX was the best so far of my career, and extremely fulfilling.
It has been, and continues to be, a true pleasure to see your support and
enthusiasm for this project.

I do hereby officially resign as lead of OpenJFX.

Yours,
Richard