Michael,

> I know, but JavaFX is still doing a lot of software rendering and I doubt
that this will change
> in the near future. So having at least the option to use MarlinFX instead
of the current
> default renderer may be a advantage especially when multithreading is
enabled.

Thanks for your positive feedback that motivates me to make the job to
integrate the marlin renderer in the JavaFX pipeline.
For now the OpenPiscesRasterizer class uses a static Renderer (single
instance) so it is single-threaded.

In MarlinFX I could prepare the multi-threading support by using 1
RendererContext per thread (ThreadLocal) as I did in Marlin for java2d.

However it seems a complex task to enable parallelization in the javafx
pipeline but I could help there also...

Cheers,
Laurent

> Michael
>
> Am 19.10.16 um 17:16 schrieb Markus KARG:
>
>> Michael, note that Marlin FX still is fully software rendering, while
you asked for more hardware rendering recently. The latter will be an
additional approach not targeted yet by Marlin FX.
>> -Markus

Behalf Of Michael Paus