The changes for the new mesa-driver are in a branch (
https://bitbucket.org/javafxports/8u-dev-rt/branch/mesa) and we don't
distribute binaries from the Gluon download yet, as the new driver is still
experimental.
I am told, though, that it will soon become the default driver, and then
those changes are needed and we will update the binary SDK on
http://gluonhq.com/labs/javafxports/get/

Meanwhile, if you want to test, there is a build of the JavaFX SDK for
armv6hf that works with X11 and OpenGL here:
http://download.gluonhq.com/tmp/armv6hf-sdk.tar.bz2
You can get a very simple JavaFX app here:
http://download.gluonhq.com/tmp/HelloPi.jar

When the tar.bz2 is unpacked in /opt, you can run the sample app as follows:

java -Djava.ext.dirs=/opt/armv6hf-sdk/rt/lib/ext/
-Dmonocle.platform.traceConfig=true -Djavafx.verbose=true
-Dx11.geometry=400x200 -Dx11.input=true -jar HelloPi.jar

Make sure the java.ext.dirs points to the directory where you unpacked the
JavaFX SDK/rt/lib/ext .

One final thing, I removed the /opt/vc dir on my Pi, as somehow the
eglGetDisplay was still retrieved from a lib in /opt/vc instead of the mesa
library.

- Johan