Mandy Chung wrote:

On Mar 4, 2017, at 1:04 AM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>> wrote:

Mandy Chung wrote:
On Mar 3, 2017, at 10:36 PM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com> wrote:

[fixed subject line]

Please review the following to document that javafx.graphics needs explicit
access to the Application class.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kcr/8170702/webrev.00/

  69  * containing package must be {@link Module#isExported(String,Module)
exported}

@linkplain instead?

I was following the pattern in Module.java, etc., which uses a regular @link in similar cases.

Module.java should probably use @linkplain if that’s the case.

At least Module.java and Layer.java use @link rather than @linkplain. I didn't do an exhaustive search. If you plan to file a bug to fix the JDK docs, then I will change it here to match (and in FXML.java for the other bug).

-- Kevin

 239         StackTraceElement[] cause = Thread.currentThread().getStackTrace();

Good candidate to use StackWalker API.

This is pre-existing code (since JDK 7), and I don't want to change the implementation this late while fixing a doc bug. I will file a follow-on bug to consider improving this for JDK 10.

It's fine for JDK 10.
Is @throws RuntimeException an existing behavior? I’d think CNFE and

Yes, this seems like another good place to document the restriction. I'll post a .01 version of the webrev with this update.

Sounds good.

Mandy