I've reviewed the code and run a number of tests.  Things look fine.

I spotted at least one thing that I brought up in the 2D Marlin review, but since the 2 source bases are moving towards synchronizing with each other I didn't look too closely since many of the changes in the 2D Marlin update are things that are already "fixed" in this FX Marlin code, so I thought I would focus my scrutiny more on the 2D review instead. Would this code base be affected by the review comments I made there? Did you want to hold both until they both are ready to go in and then push them at the same time (to keep them in sync)?

Minimally, it is time to file a bug against FX for this...

                        ...jim