I'm still a little behind on my email, but here are some quick answers.

#1 - The NetBeans instructions are still mostly correct except that with FX 9 or later you can't compile or run code from within the IDE any more (and there isn't yet a release of NetBeans 9). Not sure about the other IDEs, but I suspect they are somewhat out of date.

#2. You should be able to build just the FX bits (outside your IDE) using:

   gradle sdk
-or-
   gradle javadoc

depending on what you want to do (or you can build both targets). If you have a build of JDK 9 or later with FX bits in it, then you can use the build/run.args script to run with the just-built FX bits without rebuilding the JDK.

java @build/run.args ...

#3. I don't know since I don't use Eclipse; maybe someone on the list who uses Eclipse can answer. It might have to do with the level of JDK 9 support in Eclipse

#4 - previously answered

-- Kevin

Nir Lisker wrote:
Hello,

I have OpenJFX and OpenJDK built. I have also set up TortoiseHg and am
working with Eclipse. I have several questions:

1. Are the instructions at
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Using+an+IDE still valid from
JDK 8? There are old TODOs there. If not, can I get a quick update?

2. After importing the projects to Eclipse and working on the source, what
steps need to be taken when the changes are to:
a. only the docs?
b. Java code?
c. Prism code?
Do I need to rebuild the JDK with JavaFX, rebuild only JavaFX, only compile
etc? What tests do I need to run (e.g., I doubt I need to run regression
tests when changing JavaDocs)?

3. Eclipse uses EJC (which I never had trouble with). Can this cause
trouble?

4. After creating a local changeset and assuming there is already a JIRA
issue for it and the fix approach was discussed, can I just push it and it
will enter a review queue? Do I need to ask someone specifically for a
review on the changeset (
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Ownership is old...)?

Thanks,
Nir