Hi Phil, Dipak,

The 8021961 fix was about invisible parent window. The current fix is independent from it so the change looks good.

--Semyon

On 01/17/2018 09:48 PM, Dipak Kumar wrote:
Hi Semyon,

Could you please review the changes (also have a look at Phil's comment in
trailing mail) and let me know your comments.

Thanks Kevin and Phil. I have incorporated the changes suggested for unit tests
in JavaFx side. Request you to have a look.

Please find updated webrev at -
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dkumar/8185634/webrev.01/ .

Thanks,
Dipak

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Rushforth
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:21 AM
To: Phil Race <philip.r...@oracle.com>
Cc: Dipak Kumar <dipak.ku...@oracle.com>; openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net;
awt-...@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: [8u-Backport] Review request for 8185634, 8187803 : Java Fx-Swing
dialogs appearing behind main stage

I think you mean https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187803 for the
AWT/Swing side...

-- Kevin

Phil Race wrote:
The AWT/Swing side of this needs to be bug

One thing I notice is that in XWindowPeer.java the calculation for the
value of transientForWindow is different .. because you don't have the
fix for
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8021961 :
"setAlwaysOnTop doesn't behave correctly in Linux/Solaris under
certain scenarios"

Do you first need to backport that too ? Maybe Semyon (who authored
that fix) can say whether it matters ..

-phil.