Hi Mark,

Is using jlink (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/tools/jlink.htm) packaging
your app with the exact set of modules you need an option for you?
That would eliminate the need for your users to have Java installed. Not
only there is a (small) hurdle to install Java, but it needs to be the
"correct" version of Java as well, and you would probably expect your users
to update their JDK with security updates etc.

I've been a long-time fan of the javapackager, and now that jlink allows
you to create a custom runtime image, I think we have much better solutions
than relying on the fact that an end-user installed an ok version of the
JDK?

But maybe I'm missing something, and is jlink not an option for you?

- Johan