Hello Kevin,

I already use Platform.setImplicitExit(false) at startup so this can't be the
problem. All SWT FXCanvas  are not closed (at least at startup).

Could it be that the initialisation of the SWT FXCanvas is different and could
cause the problem.

At the moment I use as java arguments:

--module-path C:\javafx-sdk-11\lib --add-modules
javafx.controls,javafx.swing,javafx.swt

The javafx.swt module is accepted but I have to add the javafx-swt.jar to my
classpath to get at least an embedded canvas working.

Without the *.jar it won't work at all.

Is there a better or recommended option to include the javafx-swt.jar classes
at startup in the --add-modules option?

The --add-modules javafx.swt doesn't seem to work.