On 11/12/18 5:39 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi,

You are supposed to interact with Nodes who are currently shown in the
SG only only the JavaFX Application Thread.

I never touch the GUI in my other threads, ever. The threads simply change the value of a type stored in a property. The ChangeListener that is used is created in the GUI JavaFX thread.

JavaFX although is not checking each and every property (change) as this
would be too resource intensive but at sensitive cases (eg when
interacting with Glass) it does check that you run on the correct thread.

The update process for updating my API objects is slow(for reasons beyond my control), so even assuming I somehow manage to magically update everything in the GUI thread, how the hell do you fix the GUI stuttering at that point?

Really, having an entire application do all of it's processing on one thread in 2018 is really just idiotic and asking for trouble.

Even though your TableView, ... updates seem to work you can run into
disasterous states - see eg https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8198577

Tom

I'm not sure what the bug is about since the description really doesn't give much info however I really haven't noticed anything, even long term with it being open for 8+ hours. These objects are update very frequently as well.

To be clear, this isn't some business application that gets info from a database or something.