Hi Kevin, Nir,

I also dug out those two bug reports and agree neither are close enough.
However, it seems to be general consensus that in order to properly address the
issue, TableView's virtualisation would need to be changed to support columns
in addition to rows, and that the extra complexity through the rest of the
control's features would not be a worthwhile trade-off.

So might it be better to submit a new feature request to develop a separate and
leaner control entirely, geared much more towards viewing large datasets
without all the bells and whistles of a TableView?