Thanks for sharing.

-- Kevin

On 4/7/2020 1:39 AM, Michael Paus wrote:
Hi,
it is nice to hear that you could make some good use of this work.
Michael
(mipastgt)

Am 07.04.20 um 02:36 schrieb hohonu...@icloud.com:
Hi All,

I just wanted to send a "thank you!" to all the JavaFX devs for your work on JavaFX and most especially, adding shared memory to JavaFX’s PixelBuffer. (https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-June/023347.html)

The “tl;dr” is that I now have a JavaFX-based video player tool, thanks to Caprica Software, that can play a wide variety of video formats well and can be easily modified to support my organization's science requirements. I’ve linked a YouTube video of the video player app, playing a ProRes 422 encoded QuickTime video and communicating with another annotation application. Thanks to the shared buffer the video playback is smoooooooth. https://youtu.be/FKeuG8-UYC0

Again thanks for your work. Stay well!

Brian Schlining
Software Engineer
P (831) 775-1855   F (831) 775-1620

7700 Sandholdt Road, Moss Landing CA 95039
www.mbari.org
Advancing marine science and engineering to understand our changing ocean.