I guess you mean modifying the FX build in your local repo so that you can test the use of JDK 14 preview features in FX itself? (if you were just trying to use it from your app you wouldn't need any build changes in FX). At a minimum you would need to add the "--enable-preview" flag to compile.options.compilerArgs, and change "sourceCompatibility" from "11" to "14". Not sure if anything more is needed. I've never tried it.

-- Kevin