On Tue, 26 May 2020 23:27:07 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Rony G. Flatscher has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Reword the compile processing instructions (replace 'Hint' with 'Note:',
>> adjust text to context), remove spurious empty
>>   line in script example code.
>
> Here are a couple overall comments.
>
> 1. Please update the Description of this PR now that this is no longer WIP.
> Also, can you copy any relevant information
> from PR #187 so that this PR is standalone (reviewers shouldn't have to go to
> the earlier PRs for any information)?
> 2. The text you provided for the CSR is a good start, so I created a Draft
> CSR,
> [JDK-8245873](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245873), based on
> what you have. I'll have additional comments
> later, but one thing I noticed that needs to be added is that the
> "Specification" section needs to list the diffs for
> the public API docs in FXMLLoader and for the FXML intro.  I also left some
> inline comments below. I haven't done a
> code review yet because I want to get the API documentation and CSR in shape
> first.

@ronyfla the current API changes look good to me.

I have updated the [CSR](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245873) to
match what you have in [this
comment](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/192#issuecomment-627464623) and
[this
comment](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/192#issuecomment-627863048), and I
added the spec diffs. I had to add
code-style markup to the following from your first comment so it would show up
(it doesn't show up in your comment
either): `("<?compile false?>" or "<?compile true?>")`.

Please look it over and see if I missed anything. I will then "Submit" the CSR
on your behalf to get an initial review
from the CSR chair. In parallel with that, @aghaisas and myself can review the
CSR in detail, and then the
implementation.