HID support specifically would be good b/c there seem to be lots of cases
where the OS's are properly recognizing HID compatible displays with touch
events working through the HID APIs but do not work in JavaFX since it
relies on the OS's (native?) support.  For example, I have multiple HID
displays that work as HID devices on MacOS, Windows, Linux (Mint and Ubuntu
at least), and Raspberry Pi.  But they fail to work in JavaFX except on
Windows and sometimes on the Raspberry PI (except you have to run as root).

Direct HID support in JavaFX seems like a viable solution to cover more
displays on more OSes and bypass the overhead of installing a separate
driver that pipes HID events into the OSes touch interfaces.

If someone who understands the touch support in JavaFX today could comment
that would be great.  Touch is critical for the majority of targeted
devices (Android, iOS, Pi, and hopefully... Apple Silicon).  HID support
would expand the ability to test rapidly on existing desktops apart from
Windows only.

Also, is there a specific GTK issue on Linux b/c I could have sworn HID
displays were working fine awhile ago (doesn't work on latest Mint for
sure).