On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:56:46 GMT, Johan Vos <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @rwestberg I was pleasantly surprised to see the Skara bot add this:
>>
>>>  | Linux x64 | Windows x64 | macOS x64
>>> -- | -- | -- | --
>>> Build / test | ✔️ (1/1 passed) | ✔️ (1/1 passed) | ✔️ (1/1 passed)
>>
>> I was going to ask you what I needed to do so that you could generate this.
>> I guess the short answer is that what I've already done is sufficient.
>> Thanks!
>
>> @rwestberg I was pleasantly surprised to see the Skara bot add this:
>>
>> > Linux x64
>> > Windows x64
>> > macOS x64
>> >

>> > Build / test
>> > heavy_check_mark (1/1 passed)
>> > heavy_check_mark (1/1 passed)
>> > heavy_check_mark (1/1 passed)
>>
>> I was going to ask you what I needed to do so that you could generate this.
>> I guess the short answer is that what I've already done is sufficient.
>> Thanks!
>
> I noticed this in the openjdk/mobile repository as well, and that looks
> great. In that repository, there seems to be a different configuration, as
> there is a line for "build" and a line for "test/tier 1" ( e.g.
> https://github.com/openjdk/mobile/pull/10 )
>
> I wonder how configurable this is?

The jdk workflow is split into a build job and multiple test jobs (since it
takes so long they need the parallelism when running the tests). It's more
complicated that way, since you have to feed the results of the build job into
all of the test jobs, and there is duplication of some of the configuration
steps. I don't know that it would buy us much, so I wasn't planning to split
the jobs -- at leat not initially.

The build and test are done in separate steps within the job so it's easy to
see which one failed. Maybe Robin can comment further as to whether we could do
something a bit more clever.