On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 11:34:25 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> As commented in the [JBS
> issue](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199592), the default UI
> scale 1.0 is used to perform initial calculations of preferred sizes of the
> scene, even if the scale has already a different value (i.e 175%). As a
> workaround, calling `Stage::sizeToScene` fix it, as it forces to do new
> calculations but now with the correct UI scale.
>
> This PR moves the call to `Window::updateOutputScales` before the scene
> initialization takes place, so the UI scale is correctly set for the initial
> preferred size of the scene, and no workaround is required.
>
> It also provides a system test that can be tested on Linux and Windows.
> Before applying the fix, the `Check` text of the checkboxes is rendered as
> `Che...`. With the fix, the test verifies, for a given UI scale, that the
> rendered text is `Check`.

Looks good to me, but I want to run one more test on a dual screen setup
tomorrow.

I think that switching the order makes sense, and I can see no problems that it
will cause. I am reasonably certain that whatever reason may have existed for
the current order no longer pertains (there was a significant change to how
screen scales were computed and tracked as a follow-on fix to the original
HiDPI code that added the current block that you are moving).

I verified that the new test catches the bug. I added one minor suggestion.