I'd like to go even further:
OpenJDK has a make/autoconf/platform.m4 file which specifies the possible
values for CPU_ARCH etc. This allows to uniquely define
OPENJDK_BUILD_CPU_ARCH and OPENJDK_TARGET_CPU_ARCH.

If we did something similar (in build.gradle), we would be able to be more
consistent in build.gradle itself and in the platform-specific gradle files.
Currently, this logic is spread over many places.

- Johan