On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:03:50 GMT, Marius Hanl <mh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR fixes 2 NPEs in Choice-and ComboBox, when the selection model is null.
>
> ChoiceBox:
> - Null check in **valueProperty()** listener
>
> ComboBox:
> - Null check in **valueProperty()** listener
> - Null check in **ComboBoxListViewSkin#updateValue()**
>
> The tests checks, that no NPE is printed to the console. They also checks,
> that the set value is still displayed (either in the ComboBox button cell or
> the ChoiceBox display label)

FYI: there's an open discussion (which .. dried up ;) as to how to handle null
selectionModel (there are similar issues across different controls) - adding a
null check would be the most simple, disallowing null and provide a default
do-nothing model would be another option, see f.i.
https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx/issues/569.

We should decide about the approach, my preference would be to go for the most
simple: simply check against null everywhere.