On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:06:31 GMT, Alexander Matveev <almat...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> - Added FXMediaPlayer test application.
>  - This app uses all media APIs and very handy in verifying media builds
> during development.
>  - It can be compiled and run by running "ant" and "ant run" in
> tests/manual/media/FXMediaPlayer.

That's great. I agree a global media sample would be an excellent improvement
for testing (regression on) media.

I notice there are a number of netbeans-impl files, which is ok for me, unless
we want to avoid ide-specific impl files?
It would be nice if this sample can leverage openjfx-global properties, i.e. I
see it now has java source level set to 1.9.

Rather than requesting many changes (e.g. bump java version) before it is in
the repository, I think it would be good to do some sanity tests on the
different platforms and then include it. I plan to do that later this weekend.