On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:34:04 GMT, Marius Hanl <mh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> When a divider is moved via drag or code it will call **requestLayout()** for
> the **SplitPane**.
> While this is fine, it is also called when the
> **SplitPaneSkin#layoutChildren(..)** method is repositioning the divider.
>
> This makes no sense since we are currently layouting everything, so we don't
> need to request it again. (The divider positioning is the first part of
> **layoutChildren(..)**. In the second part the SplitPane content is layouted
> based off those positions)
>
> -> With this behaviour the layout may hang under some conditions (check
> attached source). The problem is that the **requestLayout()** will mark the
> **SplitPane** dirty but won't propagate to the parent since the **SplitPane**
> is currently doing a layout.
>
> This PR fixes this by not requesting layout when we are currently doing it
> (and thus repositioning the dividers as part of it).
>
> Note: I also fixed a simple typo of a private method in SplitPaneSkin:
> initializeDivderEventHandlers -> initializeDiv**i**derEventHandlers

interesting issue - and fix :) Verified the mis-behaviour before the fix and
its working after.

Wondering, though (read: I don't understand 😀)

- why the layout details in the splitpane hinders the visual update of a
completely unrelated component (like the combo)?
- why does it only happen on increasing the divider pos, not on decreasing?

As to the test: would prefer to also see a test of the fixed effect (vs. the
fix implementation of not re-entering layout) - might be a bit tricky, though.