On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 11:00:51 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR fixes a memory leak, as a follow-up of
> [JDK-8241840](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8241840).
>
> The tests pass on desktop (Linux/macOS/Windows) and there is no regression on
> Android (see [JDK-8254605](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8254605)).

Hmm, it does fail for me without the fix. For instance, on Mac (Big Sur), with
JDK 11 or 16, and building from head:

sh gradlew -PFULL_TEST=true :systemTests:test --info
--tests=test.javafx.stage.FocusedWindowMonocleTest

test.javafx.stage.FocusedWindowMonocleTest > testClosedFocusedStageLeak FAILED
    junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Expected: <null> but was:
javafx.stage.Stage@6caf0677
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:233)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:226)
        at
test.javafx.stage.FocusedWindowTestBase.assertCollectable(FocusedWindowTestBase.java:97)
        at
test.javafx.stage.FocusedWindowTestBase.testClosedFocusedStageLeakBase(FocusedWindowTestBase.java:81)
        at
test.javafx.stage.FocusedWindowMonocleTest.testClosedFocusedStageLeak(FocusedWindowMonocleTest.java:48)