> After thinking about this issue for some time, I've now got a solution.
> I know put the scene in the state it is, before is was shown, when the
> dirtyNodes are unset, the whole scene is basically considered dirty.
> This has the drawback of rerendering, whenever a window is "reshown", but it
> restores sanity about memory behaviour, which should be considered more
> important.

Florian Kirmaier has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  JDK-8269907
  Removed the sync methods for the scene, because they don't work when peer is
null, and they are not necessary.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/584/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/584/files/29b90745..22326ccf