On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:57:27 GMT, eduardsdv <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> If the InputMethod's node is not in the scene, the default text location
> point is returned.

The fix looks good.

I thought about returning `null` if either the scene or the window is null. As
we need to fix this corner case, whether returning `null` or the default point
(as proposed in this PR)  does not matter. Both approaches will work.

- Have you verified the sample program attached to the JBS runs successfully
with your fix?
- I have a very minor formatting comment on the test.

modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/skin/TextInputControlSkinTest.java
 line 105:

> 103:         // and that the default point is returned.
> 104:         Point2D point =
> textField.getInputMethodRequests().getTextLocation(0);
> 105:         assertEquals(new Point2D(0,0), point);

Very minor : Please add a space between `0,0`