On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 23:50:57 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Alexander Matveev has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   8277309: Add support for H.265/HEVC to HTTP Live Streaming [v2]
>
> modules/javafx.media/src/main/native/gstreamer/plugins/dshowwrapper/dshowwrapper.cpp
>  line 1954:
>
>> 1952:     }
>> 1953:
>> 1954:     if (decoder->pDecoder != NULL && decoder->pGraph != NULL)
>
> Can `decoder->pDecoder` be non-null and `decoder->pGraph` be null? If so,
> then the decoder wouldn't be released. Does it need to be?

Unlikely. I changed it to check for `if (decoder->pGraph == NULL)` at beginning
of function and return `FALSE` if it happens, since we cannot swap decoder if
graph is not initialized. Not sure if it can happen, so this check is more for
just in case. Yes, we need to release decoder and re-create it during format
change. I tried all possible ways to change format dynamically and nothing
worked. Only complete recreation of decoder instance worked.