On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 22:54:56 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> - replaced with exact functional equivalent (in the presence of exceptions,
>> for example)
>
> Andy Goryachev has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - 8289397: review comments
>  - Revert "8289397: functional equivalent"
>
>    This reverts commit 6ae0ef60b186c75993fe7faa099140b26593d308.

The purpose of the warning it to find bugs in code that means to do equality
comparison `if (a == b)` but instead do assignment `if (a = b)`. If the
assignment is on purpose, I would suppress the warning. Since we're trying to
not add Eclipse-specific annotations, a comment (as already exists) is enough.
If we want to be more readable, pulling the assignment out is good.