On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:21:32 GMT, Jeanette Winzenburg <faste...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Will definitely do!  Some tests were failing yesterday, until all is fixed -
>> it's a draft PR :-)
>> Thank you so much, @kleopatra
>
>> Perhaps the test is too artificial, something is not being done correctly or
>> exactly as in the real application? Using StageLoader or showControl() hooks
>> up the missing dependencies.
>
> one last time: there is _no_ such thing as a "too artificial" test - a class
> must _always_ fulfil its contract in whatever valid context. It's not enough
> to do so for some (or even the majority) of use-cases. Plus: logically, any
> assumption (like: there are no memory leaks) is invalidated by a single
> counter-example (like the valid test).
>
> Have a nice weekend, I'm off now :)

... as long as the context is *valid" :-)

thanks again, have a great weekend!

You are right, @kleopatra  - this executeOnceWhenPropertyIsNonNull() is
installing a listener.
perhaps we should add a similar functionality to
LambdaMultiplePropertyChangeListenerHandler and actually install a WeakListener
instead.

Thanks again, @kleopatra
With your permission, I'll add tests with and without scene property set.  Or
do we want to keep the original set?