On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 22:45:20 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> just to be sure, which weak listener are you referring to?
>
> I didn't mean a weak listener, but a weak reference.  This line creates one:
>
>      sceneListenerHelper = new ListenerHelper(MenuBarSkin.this);
>
> I think a plain `new ListenerHelper()` would work correct here.  If you don't
> think so, I think it may be good to add a comment why the weak reference is
> needed to make the clean up work correctly.

I have to agree with you - it is not needed in this case.  The reason I put it
there was "what if Stage.hide() gets called and the whole thing disappears,
perhaps we want to make sure that all listeners that were registered via
`sceneListenerHelper` get disconnected.  The thing is, all these listeners are
registered against the scene belonging to that stage, so we are ok.