On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 14:20:22 GMT, Johan Vos <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> If it is only on Ubuntu 16.04, I am ok with not doing an ugly work-around.
> There is no crash or similar critical issue, and if we get this PR in the
> next OpenJFX release, it will be 7 years after 16.04.

I agree.

> However, from the remark from @kevinrushforth I understand that it occurs on
> other distributions as well? Or did I misunderstand it?

Our results on the two other distros we tried -- Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 22.04
-- show no regressions. The iconify tests fail intermittently on most distros,
and fail pretty consistently on 22.04, with or without this fix.

I discovered a compiz setting that will workaround this problem (setting Focus
Prevention Level to OFF in compiz config settings tool). Manual testing looks
good, and I am rerunning the automated tests. Even if it doesn't fix
everything, this workaround allows JavaFX to remain usable on 16.04. And even
if it didn't, I don't think that would be a reason to block this fix.

I am testing one other old distro -- Oracle Linux 7.7 -- I'll post results when
done.