On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 00:44:10 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> This PR fixes 8273379.
>>
>> I reverted back to use GDK (from
>> [8225571](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8225571)) to handle the
>> events.
>>
>> It may also fix [8280383](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8280383).
>>
>> There's also some cleaup.
>>
>> The most changed part is that I had to move `process_events` to
>> `glass_evloop`  because it's reused in glass_dnd.
>>
>> To do general testing:
>> `java @build/run.args -jar apps/toys/DragDrop/dist/DragDrop.jar`
>
> Thiago Milczarek Sayao has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Gtk2 fixes

> This will need a lot of careful testing.
>
> Can you provide more information about why undoing the changes from
> [JDK-8225571](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8225571) is the best
> approach? Also, have you tested that the various issues that were fixed by
> JDK-8225571 won't regress as a result?
>
> /reviewers 2

It's the way I have found to work with key events to fix the bug. The first
approach was to use the existing code, but I could'n make it work. I've done a
fair bit of testing on Ubuntu 16.04, 22.04 ( the last with wayland and Xorg).

This patch also introduces mouse grab break handling and interrupts the DND if
it occurs. I will attach a test case for this.