On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 23:30:32 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can you reproduce Kevin's observation at
> [1f66f61](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/789/commits/1f66f613ae3ba2ffc553d29424dd5b553d85978a)?
>  If yes, which commit fixed it for you? For me it's the one that changed the
> order of the fields.

With
[1f66f61](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/789/commits/1f66f613ae3ba2ffc553d29424dd5b553d85978a),
 I can reproduce Kevin's first observation (ambient light doesn't go back to
black), but not the other two.
Adding a second point light works just as I'd expect it, and the magenta point
light also works as expected.

With the next commit
[3142908](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/789/commits/31429086ea04d25631f285515fdf72c07bec46e2),
 I can confirm that the ambient light issue is fixed (it goes back to black
when I uncheck the ambient light toggle). I've also triple-checked that I'm
pointing the `LightingSample` application at the correct JavaFX build artifacts.

I'm running the application on a PC with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
with driver version 511.23.
What are you and @kevinrushforth running this on? Maybe there's some undefined
behavior going on, and changing the order of fields just happened to hide the
issue on your machine?