On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:15:04 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> This cleans size and positioning code, reducing special cases, code
>> complexity and size.
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> - cached extents: 28, 1, 1, 1 are old defaults - modern gnome uses different
>> sizes. It does not assume any size because it varies - it does cache because
>> it's unlikely to vary on the same system - but if it does occur, it will
>> only waste a resize event.
>> - window geometry, min/max size are centralized in
>> `update_window_constraints`;
>> - Frame extents (the window decoration size used for "total window size"):
>>     - frame extents are received in `process_property_notify`;
>>     - removed quirks in java code;
>>     - When received, call `set_bounds` again to adjust the size (to account
>> decorations later received);
>> - Removed `activate_window` because it's the same as focusing the window.
>> `gtk_window_present` will deiconify and focus it.
>> - `ensure_window_size` was a quirk - removed;
>> - `requested_bounds` removed - not used anymore;
>> - `window_configure` incorporated in `set_bounds` with `gtk_window_move` and
>> `gtk_window_resize`;
>> - `process_net_wm_property` is a work-around for Unity only (added a check
>> if Unity - but it can probably be removed at some point)
>> - `restack` split in `to_front()` and `to_back()` to conform to managed code;
>> - Set `gtk_window_set_focus_on_map` to FALSE because if TRUE the Window
>> Manager changes the window ordering in the "focus stealing" mechanism - this
>> makes possible to remove the quirk on `request_focus()`;
>> - Note:  `geometry_get_*` and `geometry_set_*` moved location but unchanged.
>
> Thiago Milczarek Sayao has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Fix deiconify bug

I think I found the problem. It is a race condition with the window manager
drawing decorations and moving the window and the glass code to adjust
position. If the window manager completes first, glitch is not present, but if
we tamper with position during the decoration drawing process, glitch appears.