On Tue, 25 Apr 2023 06:41:56 GMT, Jay Bhaskar <jbhas...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Issue: [windows] Intermittent test failure in
> test.javafx.scene.web.MiscellaneousTest::testDOMTimer
> Analysis:
> setTimeout call is not a real-time function.  it is considered just a minimum
> delay before the callback is executed. The actual time taken depends
> 1.  How long it takes to process any messages ahead of the already task in
> the queue?
> 2. Current load on the CPU.
> 3. The number of tasks being executed by the JS engine.
> 4. current state of OS/Browser.
>
> However, we have to set a minimum timeout value of at least 10 ms, as
> recommended by Webkit/w3c. Setting value of 1o ms might prevent some
> un-defined behavior.

I'm not sure that this is addressing the actual problem.

modules/javafx.web/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/web/MiscellaneousTest.java
line 187:

> 185:                 int timeout = i * (1000 / timer.INTERVAL_COUNT);
> 186:                 // Webkit recomends minimum timeout value should be 10
> 187:                 if(timeout == 0) timeout = 10;

Are you sure that the intermittent failures happen when the timeout value is 0?
Based on the assertion message in the bug report, I didn't think this was the
case, but I might be misinterpreting it.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1113#pullrequestreview-1399788049
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1113#discussion_r1176429219