On Thu, 8 Jun 2023 21:53:35 GMT, Marius Hanl <mh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I am somewhat divided on which version to start with. On one hand, it makes
> > sense to use last LTS version (or previous, if the current one is also
> > LTS), so 17.
>
> I think we should either start from 9 or 11. Depending on the source, Java 11
> is used more often than 8, which probably also means JavaFX 11+ is used more
> often than 8.

I tend to agree that we should either start with 9 or 11. I can also see an
argument for starting with 12 like the JDK did, but I am not in favor of that,
given that this is the first time we are introducing the NEW section.

If we think that most new readers of these docs will be coming from JDK 8, then
**NEW since 9** makes the most sense. Worth noting, though, is that FX was
bundled with the JDK in 8 and 9 (and 10) -- JavaFX 11 was the first unbundled
release, which would argue for **NEW since 11**.

Another argument for starting with 9 is that the reader who is just interested
in what's new since 11 can simply uncheck 9 and 10 and get that view. So if
there is some value in presenting new in 9, that argues for starting with 9.
Unless someone feels strongly that we shouldn't, let's stick with 9.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1109#issuecomment-1585666839