On Sun, 9 Jul 2023 21:29:18 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Sure, that's a good suggestion, I may have been overly brief to avoid
>> repeating what is known for invalidation listeners, but as this method does
>> not mention invalidation listeners (and only uses them internally for now) a
>> full explanation would be good to add.
>
> Another option would be to refer to the documentation for
> `InvalidationListener` or `Observable.addListener(InvalidationListener)`,
> both of which could be improved a bit in a separate PR.

@mstr2 I updated the docs a bit, although I did not add your suggestion.  I
looked at the full class, and I think the class docs for `Observable` already
describes how invalidations work.  The docs for `addListener` don't repeat this
either:

 * Implementations of this class should strive to generate as few events as
 * possible to avoid wasting too much time in event handlers. Implementations in
 * this library mark themselves as invalid when the first invalidation event
 * occurs. They do not generate anymore invalidation events until their value is
 * recomputed and valid again.

What I did do is add some more description similar to what the `addListener`
methods have.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1069#discussion_r1260267388